Friday, April 17, 2009

Another Update

Hello again,
Well I promised a positive post and this one is positive! I have continued to try reach my goal of attempting to sit for 45minutes and while I haven't yet quite got there I am getting close! My last update I believe I mentioned I made it to 30 minutes and I have now managed almost 40minutes and that is without cheating! lol No resting my head against a wall or the recliner! Also I managed another trip to the grocery store and Wal Mart which was quite fun! You don't know how exciting the grocery store can be until you haven't been able to go for a long time! In my previous post I talked about new products I didn't know existed, well this time I knew more what was there so I didn't look silly pointing out stuff to my sister that I hadn't seen before! I can just imagine what some people may have thought if they overheard me. This time I fit in better and wasn't so wide eyed! LOL One thing that I have noticed is that when so much is technically taken away like the ability to get out of the house easily, you realize so much that you have taken for granted and you enjoy every minute that much more. I am still working on opening office doors and it is still embarrassing because I have gotten a few looks and I still feel the need to explain but it is changing. I am getting used to people looking at me strangely when I can't open a door! I am learning just to smile and try to accept my limitations. I have to admit that I had no idea that the surgery would affect so many parts of my life before I had it done. So many little things I just sort of took for granted like muscles working. That is why I feel it is important to share this because maybe I will help someone else who is going into the surgery know what to expect. Who knows? Maybe my posts are just helping me to express myself and work through everything. I don't know. It can be challenging for me to be so open but if it helps even one person-it is worth it. Thanks.

No comments: